A friend of mine talked me into roasting my own coffee beans, and it’s shockingly simple.
- Devour this site: SweetMarias.com
- Get some green coffee beans
- Get a Hot Air Popcorn Popper (of the right kind)
- Have a timer with seconds and maybe a temperature gauge nearby
- Put in the same amount of beans as your popper recommends for kernels.
- Turn it on
- Watch your timer and the bean color—my popper’s sweet spot is b/w 2:30-4 minutes for #11-14 on the chart above
- Cool em quick
- Wait 2-4 hrs
- Try to contain your joy